Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Christmas Quiet Book by Deborah Underwood

Christmas is a joyful time filled with love and laughter, but there are quiet moments, too. When the tree lights up for the first time, there's a hush in the room. Explore other quiet moment in this lovely tribute to the Christmas season.

What I thought: I'm a big fan of Underwood and Liwska's other collaborations The Quiet Book and The Loud Book. The Christmas Quiet Book is great. It reminds us that in the midst of the hustle and bustle of the season, there are quiet, peaceful times as well. Liwska's illustrations just get better and better. I love how she presents the animals. The soft colors she uses are just right to reflect the season. My favorite illustrations are lights on quiet and gingerbread quiet. I'm using The Christmas Quiet Book during my Christmas story time this week.

(Illus. Renata Liwska. Houghton Mifflin, 2012)

No comments: