Friday, August 26, 2011

The Loud Book! by Deborah Underwood

How many kinds of loud are there? More that you can think of, but here are a few to get you started--surprise loud, applause loud, fireworks loud, and crickets loud.

What I thought: I didn't think Underwood and Liwska could top The Quiet Book, but I was wrong. The Loud Book! is great. Children love making noise and that means they'll love this book, too. The text is simple and the illustrations are beautiful. My favorite kinds of loud from the book are home run loud, thunderstorm loud, and fireworks loud. My favorite kinds of loud that the book didn't mention are story time loud (Yes, story time can be VERY loud!) and visiting home loud. My favorite illustrations are applause loud, Aunt Tillie's Banjo Band loud, and fireworks loud.

Story Time Themes: Opposites, Time

(Illus. Renata Liwska. Houghton Mifflin, 2011)

No comments: