Friday, August 26, 2011

#FlannelFriday: Five Frogs

I made this to accompany the song "Five Frogs" from the album Anna Moo Crackers. I'm using it for my pajama story times in September. I took the theme (Frogs, Snakes, Turtles, Gators, & Crocs) from Rob Reid's book Family Storytime. I used coloring sheets I found online for patterns.

I'm really beginning to love making felt stories for the flannel board. I'm also working on a version of Dog's Colorful Day by Emma Dodd and I plan to turn If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Numeroff into a flannel board story for my October Laura Numeroff Party (to celebrate the release of her latest book, If You Give a Dog a Donut.)

3 comments:

Anne said...

Yay for Rob Reid!

Katie said...

OH OH OH! I am totally stealing your Numeroff party idea! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Bridget R. Wilson said...

Rob's ideas are great, Anne.

Katie, steal away. I'm still planning the actual program, but I'll have it up on my wiki soon.