Monday, October 19, 2020

Maud and Grand-Maud by Sara O'Leary


Maud shares her name with her grandmother who she sometimes gets to spend weekends with. This story is an ode to the relationship between a granddaughter and a grandmother. 

Thoughts: This book is so sweet! It almost made me cry because when I read it, I started remembering all the times I spent weekends with my granny. The relationship depicted in Maud and Grand-Maud should be what all grandmothers aspire to have with their grandchildren. I have many grandparents and great-grandparents who bring kids to my library events. Grandparents are so special and sadly they can't be with you forever. The illustrations are soft colored and detailed. I especially like the expressions on Maud's and Grand-Maud's faces throughout the story. 

Themes: Grandparents

(Illustrated by Kenard Pak. Random House, 2020.)

No comments: