Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Spring Sensory Play

Once again I was inspired by pins on Pinterest to develop this special preschool program/event. 

I began with a short storytime. I read Bear Wants More by Karma Wilson, Hooray for Hoppy! by Tim Hopgood, and When Spring Comes by Kevin Henkes. We did the fingerplay "Watch it Bloom," counting rhymes with crocheted flowers on the magnet board, and found hiding gnomes on the flannel board. 

After the story time, I released the kids and parents to several stations around the room. 

Sensory Bins: 
Flowers & Bugs (black beans, popcorn, plastic bugs, artificial flowers puller of the stems, jumbo kid friendly tweezers)
Carrot Patch (split peas, carrot eggs, white rabbit eggs)
Eggs (plastic eggs, plastic chick eggs, plastic rabbit eggs)
Planting Flowers (black beans, popcorn, artificial flowers with stems, flower pots)





 Play Dough Acvtivities
Planting Flowers (mud colored play dough, flower pots, artificial flowers with stems)
Spring Play Dough (play dough in pastel colors and eucalyptus scented, rolling pins, spring cookie cutters, other play dough utensils)



I use this play dough recipe

Here's my Pinterest board for spring sensory bins. 

I really enjoyed this event and look forward to trying it out at all my libraries. 

No comments: