Monday, September 3, 2018

Miguel's Brave Knight: Young Cervantes & His Dream of Don Quixote by Margarita Engle

I really liked this book. I found Cervantes life as presented in these poems fascinating. History and the power of imagination are well represented. Engle puts together simple words to tell an amazing story.

My favorite poems are School, Smoke, Daydreams, Imagination (end), and Imagination (front).

I enjoyed the Author's Note, Illustrator's Note, Historical Note, and Biographical Note. They added to the poems and made me want to know more.

When I finished the book I wanted to read it again and also read Don Quixote.

I love this quote from Engle: "I wrote Miguel's Brave Knight to show how the power of imagination can be a great source of comfort and hope in times of struggle and suffering."

Illustrated by Raul Colon. Peachtree, 2017

No comments: