Thursday, October 4, 2012

Until I Die by Amy Plum

Revenants Trilogy #2

Vincent and Kate are very much in love. There's only one problem. Vincent's a revenant. He feels compelled to save people from death by dying himself. Each time he dies, he reverts to the age he was when he first became a revenant. Kate doesn't enjoy seeing her boyfriend die repeatedly. For her sake, he's promised not to die. Kate knows how hard it is for Vincent not to die so she begins to search for another solution to his mortality issue.

What I thought: Normally I'm not a fan of second books, but Until I Die surprised me. I stayed up way too late reading it and had to drag myself out of bed the next morning. Vincent maintains his aura of mystery despite the big reveal in Die for Me. I found it so poignant that both Vincent and Kate are searching for a cure for their predicament. Until I Die had quite a few surprises (character, plot, etc.) and ended with much suspense. I can't believe I have to wait until May 2013 for the last book. The Revenants Trilogy is at the top of my "So Better Than Twilight" list.

(Harper 2012)

No comments: