Friday, December 30, 2011

Die for Me by Amy Plum

Revenants Trilogy #1

After the death of their parents, Katie and her older sister Georgia move to Paris to live with their grandparents. Each girl has her own way of dealing with the grief. Georgia loses herself in the city's night life. Katie stays in until her grandparents force her to go out. Reading at a sidewalk cafe, Katie catches her first glimpse of Vincent, the guy who will change her life. Vincent is more than good looking. He has quite a past. Do he and Katie have a future together?

What I thought: Thank you, Amy Plum, for writing something more than the usual in the teen paranormal genre. Die for Me gets my vote. The reveal (i.e., what Vincent is) was obscured by Katie's obsession with the angel statue. I was sure this was going to be another fallen angel book. I was so wrong and glad to be it. The Paris setting was interesting. Die for Me is the 3rd book I've noticed with the City of Light as the setting. Anna and the French Kiss and Revolution being the first two. The climax was great. I can't wait to read the next book, Until I Die, which is due to be published in May 2012. In my humble opinion, Die for Me is teen paranormal writing at its best.

(Harper Teen, 2011)

No comments: