Monday, January 16, 2012

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

Hush, Hush #3

The past five months are a blank. Nora can't remember where she was or who she was with. Her mom and best friend Vee are close-mouthed about the time she can't recall. What she does know: Her mom's new boyfriend Hank Millar--him, she doesn't like. And that guy Jev--why does he seem so familiar? Can Nora remember her past before it comes back to haunt or harm her?

What I thought: A solid book in the Hush, Hush series. I think I liked Silence better than Crescendo but not as much as Hush, Hush. I like the problem novels. For example, New Moon is my favorite Twilight book because I could feel Bella's depression. Nora's frustration (feeling out of the loop, etc.) comes across beautifully. Becca used dramatic irony to her advantage. I love it when I know more than the characters do. The ending was nice, but I have one question. This can't be the end of the series, can it? (No, it's not. The fourth book will be out sometime this year.)

(Simon & Schuster, 2011)

No comments: