Monday, June 7, 2010

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Nora's used to being plain, ordinary, invisible. But that suddenly changes. Two guys come into her life. Both are dangerous. One is irresistible. Elliot gives Nora bad vibes. Add to that his involvement in a murder. Bad vibes or not, Nora is drawn to Patch. She knows she should stay away, but she can't. As her life becomes more and more dangerous, Nora needs a protector. Has she found one in Patch? Or will he only draw her further into danger?

What I thought: Wow! Gotta love a good book about a bad boy. I like to think of it as the Edward Cullen complex. Because isn't he the ultimate bad boy? (Hello, vampire!) The chemistry between Patch and Nora is palpable. It leaps off the page. As a reader, I didn't care that he was a fallen angel--he could be a devil for all I cared--He's hot, broody, and dangerous! I liked the story line. Hush, Hush reads much better than Lauren Kate's Fallen. (That I have an "eh.") Patch reminds of Batman (as Christian Bale plays him in particular). The resolution was great. I'm all for tying up loose ends. The possibility for a sequel is there but not mandatory. I wouldn't mind reading more about Patch and Nora, but I can manage with the ending and my imagination if I have to.

(New York: Simon & Schuster, 2009)

No comments: