Monday, January 9, 2012

If You Give a Dog a Donut by Laura Numeroff

Dog from If You Give a Pig a Party finally has his own book. He's quite an active canine. His snacking doesn't last long--soon he's off on a spectacular adventure.

What I thought: My love of Laura Numeroff's "If You Give..." series hasn't diminished a bit. I was so excited about the release of the latest title in the series that I planned and hosted Laura Numeroff Parties at all four of my branch libraries in October. I want so badly to try writing a circular story with older children. I think it would be very fun. If You Give a Dog a Donut offers so many story time opportunities (see below). I love the illustrations. They are great as usual. My favorite is Dog doing a happy dance.

Story Time Themes: Dogs, Donuts (Food), Apples, Baseball, Pirates, Kites

Links to my reviews of the other books in the series:
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie
If You Give a Moose a Muffin
If You Give a Pig a Pancake
If You Take a Mouse to the Movies
If You Take a Mouse to School
If You Give a Pig a Party
If You Give a Cat a Cupcake

(Illus. Felicia Bond. Balzer + Bray, 2011)

No comments: