Thursday, August 6, 2009

If You Give a Pig a Party by Laura Numeroff

Numeroff, Laura. If You Give a Pig a Party. Illus. Felicia Bond. New York: Laura Geringer, 2005.

Pig, of If You Give a Pig a Pancake fame, is back. This time around she’s having a party and wants all her friends to be there. Bumper cars, pillow fights, and balloons makes fun for all!

What I thought: Another wonderful circular story from Numeroff. I was delighted to meet all if Pig’s friend. Some I knew (Mouse and Moose) and some I didn’t (Cat, Dog, Rabbit, Fox, and Snake). Numeroff’s newest book is about Cat (If You Give a Cat a Cupcake, 2009). I hope to see stories about the others soon. Shall we speculate on titles?

If You Give a Dog a Donut
If You Give a Rabbit a Radish
If You Give a Fox a Fig
If You Give a Snake a Smoothie

Please leave your title ideas in the comments.

No comments: