Monday, July 18, 2011

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan

Dash just happens to wander around bookstores.

Lily just happens to not have a boyfriend.

Lily's brother just happens to think she needs one, a boyfriend that is.

Ergo, the red notebook hidden in the Strand and the adventure of Dash and Lily's young lifetime.

What I thought: This book was incredibly sweet and romantic. The red notebook and the dares are great ideas. I like that Lily comes from a conservative, even "perfect" family while Dash's family is more broken. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares was a fun read. I haven't read the other books by this duo, Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, but I have seen the movie and I liked it. May I suggest that Dash & Lily's Book of Dares be turned into a movie?


(Knopf, 2010)

No comments: