Friday, July 15, 2011

#FlannelFriday: Five Little Pandas


Here they are...my felt pandas! I'll be using them for my China & Japan story time during Summer Reading. I'll be using a "Five Little Pandas" rhyme that I found in the PUBYAC archives and I might also make up my own.

I used Veronica Vasylenko's illustrations of Cynthia Platt's Panda-Monium! for patterns. I used a copier to enlarge the illustrations.

I used hot glue to attach the black felt to the white. Hot glue is effective, but rather messy (the strings!) What do you use for your felt pieces?

Puff paint (silver and black) worked very well for the eyes, noses, and mouths.

I plan to use this set again when I do Bears story time. They might also come in handy for an endangered animals story time.

7 comments:

Anne said...

Adorable

Sharon said...

They are adorable. I like that they have different poses. And pandas are hot right now!

Nikarella said...

Super cute pandas! Good Job!

Tracey said...

Your pandas are fabulous! I love how they look like they are in motion--great for storytelling.

Bridget R. Wilson said...

Thanks, ladies!

Unknown said...

Hi! I love the pandas! Are u willing to share the patterns? I teach preschool in California and would love to share them with my class! Thanks! Josie...email address: skatoxic@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am teaching Kindergarten and was wondering if you can share your Panda patterns, please! My email is Arileann@yahoo.com