Monday, February 28, 2011

Lola at the Library by Anna McQuinn

Tuesday is Lola's favorite day of the week. Why? It's library day. Lola gets to pick out new books, play, and even listen to a story. The library is Lola's favorite place.

What I thought: I like Lola from the moment I met her in Lola Loves Stories. Her first book doesn't disappoint me. I now know where her love of stories comes from--her weekly visits to the library. The illustrations are bright and colorful. The lines are soft and don't overpower the color. My favorite illustration is of story time.

Since writing the above, I've had the opportunity to use Lola at the Library for story time. I don't know if it was me, my listeners, or what, but the story fell a little flat. I think Lola Loves Stories would work better in a story time setting. Lola at the Library might work best for one-on-one sharing.

Story Time Theme: Libraries

(Illus. Rosalind Beardshaw. Charlesbridge, 2006)

No comments: