Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Lola Loves Stories by Anna McQuinn

Lola loves the books she checks out at the library with her dad. Along with a love of stories, Lola also has a lovely imagination. When they read about a princess, Lola is princess for a day. Lola can be anything she reads about. With her imagination, the adventure in the story never ends.


What I thought: An absolutely delightful story. Lola is an adorable character. What librarian wouldn't like a kid who receives so much enjoyment from books? I love her pretending. The only book I recognized was the last one (Where the Wild Things Are). I also like the illustrations--colorful yet soft. I can't wait to read the other Lola book: Lola at the Library.


Story Time Themes: Imagination, Libraries, Books


(Illus. Rosalind Beardshaw. Charlesbridge, 2010)

No comments: