Monday, November 9, 2020

The Last Loose Tooth by Tyler Clark Burke


All children lose their baby teeth, but have you ever considered how the teeth feel about this rite of passage?

Thoughts:  Hilarious! I read this book because my sister is a dental hygienist and I'm always looking for new books to add to my teeth/dental health storytime. Lou (the last loose tooth) is a great character. I love that all the teeth have different personalities and unique approaches to falling out. The ending was unexpected and kind of fabulous. The illustrations are bright and colorful. The mixture of different fonts with speech bubbles add interest. I love the end pages where all the baby teeth are identified. Looking forward to using this in October (National Dental Hygiene Month) or February (National Children's Dental Health Month). 

Themes: Teeth, Dental Health 

(Random House, 2020.)

No comments: