Friday, November 6, 2020

Red House Tree House Little Bitty Brown Mouse by Jane Godwin

A little mouse explores her world and invites the reader to participate by doing any number of things like counting or naming colors. 

Thoughts: Such a fun book! It's definitely a different kind of interactive book with engagement questions built into almost every page. The cadence of the words reminds me of Orange Pear Apple Bear by Emily Gravett. I can't wait to use this book in storytime. I might even have to create myself a little mouse game for the flannel board to go along with the book. The illustrations are colorful and detailed. I like the lack of outlines and I know the kids will enjoy looking for the mouse on every page. 

Themes: Rhyming Books, Mice, Interactive 

(Illustrated by Blanca Gómez. Dial Books for Young Readers, 2019.)

No comments: