Friday, October 2, 2020

How to Find a Bird by Jennifer Ward


There are more ways to find a bird than you would think. Yes, you can look up. But you can also look straight ahead, down, or very low. Birds are everywhere if you just know how and where to look.

Thoughts: An introduction to birding for the youngest readers. How to Find a Bird will also make a nice addition to my birds storytime. I love all the different species that are featured. Some I've never heard of. The illustrations are colorful and detailed especially the birds. My favorites are the title page, the starlings on a wire, and the extinct birds. The additional facts at the end of the book are great. I'm looking forward to checking out the recommended app, Merlin Bird ID. 

Themes: Birds

Other great bird books: 

(Illustrated by Diana Sudyka. Beach Lane Books, 2020.)

No comments: