Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Stuffed Animal Pet Show

I've hosted many stuffed animals sleepovers in my years as a librarian. It's a fun program, but very labor intensive on me. When I saw Kim's post about her stuffed animal pet show I knew I had to try it.

Here's what I did.

As the kids arrived, I had them fill out a pet information form. This was what I used to announce the pets when they went down the red carpet.



The grooming station had combs so the pets would look their best.

At the dress up station, I had 2 crafts--one for the pet and one for the owner. The pets got foam collars or bracelets and the owners made bead necklaces.


After all the grooming and dressing up, I read Found by Salina Yoon along with my stuffed animal pet Domino the Giraffe.


After the book, it was time for the red carpet. Using the forms the kids filled out when they arrived, I announce them and their pets as they walk down the red carpet (which is really red foam shelf liner).

After the red carpet, I present each pet an award in the form of a certificate. Most of the awards, I make up on the spot.

This was a fun, easy program. I will definitely be hosting it again.

No comments: