Thursday, September 20, 2018

Dinosaur Program

I've done this program several times as a storytime + activities event. It lasts about an hour. I like to do it in November (AKA Dinovember). My fellow librarians Abby, Bryce, Kelly, Laura, and Katie were sources of inspiration.

For storytime, I read Samanthasaurus by B.B. Mandell, Papasaurus by Stephan Lomp, and Dinosaur Kisses by David Ezra Stein. We did a movement rhyme (dinosaurs lived long ago), a flannel board (Five Enormous Dinosaurs), and a song ("Dinosaurs in Cars" by Nancy Stewart). I often change up the books especially if something new has come out.

For the activities, we measured our shoes against a dinosaur footprint, played with dinosaurs and play dough, played a dinosaur egg pass game, and colored dinosaurs.










No comments: