Friday, March 7, 2014

Flannel Friday: Chester







Meet Chester, my Boston Terrier and my new felt board. I talk about Chester quite a bit with my storytime kids and thought it would be fun to make a felt version of my pet. The picture I used as a pattern is also above. I enlarged it making the body two pieces and the head a separate piece. I used animal eyes and just a little puff paint on his ears and nose.

I have a few ideas for how I'll use Chester in storytime. First, I thought I would give him a story similar to Dog's Colorful Day by Emma Dodd. Second, I thought I'd make use of the hats from my Let's Make a Snowman felt set and have a "Hat for Chester" game/story. Thirdly, I'll pull Chester out if I ever do a black and white animals storytime again.

Any other ideas on how I might use Chester in storytime?

Amy has the round up this week.

Important Links:
Flannel Friday Blog
Flannel Friday on Pinterest
Flannel Friday on Facebook
Follow Flannel Friday on Twitter with the hashtag #FlannelFriday.
Our Flannel Friday Fairy Godmother is Sharon  (@readingchick).

10 comments:

Anna Galyon said...

That is so adorable!!!

Bridget R. Wilson said...

Thanks, Anna!

Katie Salo said...

ACK! OMG! Hiiii, Chester! What a sweetheart! I am in love with this, in case you couldn't tell.

Bridget R. Wilson said...

Thanks, Katie! :-)

Jane said...

I don't think I even need to say this...We Love Chester!! He's great. You did a beautiful job. ~ Jane and Piper!

Bridget R. Wilson said...

Thanks, Jane & Piper!

Miss Sue said...

Fantastic!!

Monica Stratton said...

Genius!
Must turn my dog into a flannel piece ...

Bridget R. Wilson said...

Thanks, Sue!

Bridget R. Wilson said...

Thanks, Monica!