Friday, December 13, 2013

Flannel Friday: Shark & Fish


I originally made this set (shark & 5 fish) because I was inspired by Jane's post. Then as I was planning a shark themed storytime I realized I didn't have that many great book options.


I decided to make a few additional pieces (seaweed, seashell, and rock) to retell "The Three Little Fishies and the Big, Bad Shark." I used the script from the 2009 CSLP summer reading manual and just used the bits that sounded like the Three little pigs. I used the patterns from the manual to make the fish and the shark. I free-handed the shark's mouth. I used clipart for the seaweed, seashell, and rock.


Kristen, Kristie, & Sue have the round up this week.

Important Links:
Flannel Friday Blog
Flannel Friday on Pinterest
Flannel Friday on Facebook
Follow Flannel Friday on Twitter with the hashtag #FlannelFriday.
Our Flannel Friday Fairy Godmother is Anna (@opinionsbyanna).

2 comments:

Jane said...

Here we are... twelve days before Christmas and I am smiling when I discover you have a shark post! None of the holiday or winter stuff for Bridget! And then - I even get a shout out on your post! Thanks.
Happy Holidays. ~ jane

Bridget R. Wilson said...

You're very welcome, Jane. I'm actually have a couple of holiday felt sets in the works, but didn't get them done in time for the holiday round up.