Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Happy Blogiversary to Me!

I can't believe it's been five years since I started this blog. Back in 2008, I was in my second year of graduate school and taking a children's and YA programming class. One of the assignments was booktalks. A blog seemed like a good place to deposit them and thus What Is Bridget Reading? was born.

A lot has changed since the beginning. I post more reviews now than booktalks. I contribute quite often to Flannel Friday. I've even started blogging about my programs. I guess the greatest thing I've gained from blogging is a personal learning network. I'm a solo youth services librarian in rural North Carolina. Being able to connect with other librarians online has been such a blessing. I find ideas for felt sets, programs, and storytimes.

I can't imagine where the next five years will take this blog, but I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: