Friday, September 6, 2013

#FlannelFriday: Five Little Monkeys & Mr. Alligator

This week my storytime theme was jungle animals. As always, I take a look around online to see what other great librarians have done. I found Meg's post on her blog Miss Meg's Storytime that included the rhyme "Teasing Mr. Alligator." I thought it would be a fantastic addition to my storytime.


I used a coloring page to create my tree. The monkey pattern came from a Microsoft Clipart image. Puff paint details as usual. I borrowed the alligator from my Five Frogs on a Log set.


Here's a close up of the monkeys.

And now I have a bonus for you. I found a cute fingerplay in Perry Public Library's Jungle Storytime Theme called "Three Monkeys." The gist of it is three monkeys are eating bananas--one with a frown, one with a smile, and one with banana on his chin. I made 3 slightly larger monkeys to use as visuals for this fingerplay.


Katie has the round up this week.

Important Links:
Flannel Friday Blog
Flannel Friday on Pinterest
Flannel Friday on Facebook
Follow Flannel Friday on Twitter with the hashtag #FlannelFriday.

No comments: