Friday, February 1, 2013

#FlannelFriday: "I Made My Dog a Valentine" by Jack Prelutsky

Sorry this Valentine felt set is a week late. We had bad weather last week and I didn't make it to the office on Friday to finish the set and prepare the post.

I needed a flannel for my Valentine Family Fun Night and knew I wanted to use a poem. I read through all the Valentine collections my libraries had and settled on "I Made My Dog a Valentine" by Jack Prelutsky from his collection It's Valentine's Day.

The poem mentions 3 pets: a dog, parakeets, and a turtle. I borrowed the dog from my Hey Diddle Diddle set and made a parakeet, turtle, and three hearts. The patterns for the animals are from Microsoft Office Clipart. I used the heart auto shape in Microsoft Word for the hearts. All the pieces are felt and the animals have puff paint details.




6 comments:

Lisa said...

I love being able to use poetry in programs! (I haven't noticed it before, but I love your giraffe print around your flannelboard!)

Bridget R. Wilson said...

Thanks, Lisa. I try to use poetry/nursery rhymes whenever I can. I found the ribbon at Hobby Lobby. I knew I wanted an animal print because I thought it would appeal to the kids. The giraffe was the one I liked best.

Jane said...

Your flannel pieces are gorgeous. Great detail work.

Bridget R. Wilson said...

Thank you, Jane!

Jen said...

I admire your talent with the puffy paint! That turtle and the bird are beautiful.

Bridget R. Wilson said...

Thanks, Jen! Sometimes I think it looks horrible until it dries. Then I'm usually pleasantly surprised with the results.