Friday, January 18, 2013

#FlannelFriday: Winnie-the-Pooh & Beehive Hand Puppets

I made these puppets back in 2010. I used Lionbrand's free crochet patterns for a Bear Potholder and Beehive Potholder. I modified the patterns and left the bottom open so I could use them as hand puppets. When I first saw the patterns, I knew they would be perfect to tell chapter 1 (In Which We Are Introduced to Winnie-the-Pooh and Some Bees, and the Stories Begin) of Winnie-the-Pooh by A. A. Milne.


You could also make a felt set for your felt board, felt hand puppets, or even stick puppets so the children can participate more.

I prepared myself a script complete with verbatim sections from the book and engagement questions for the children.

12 comments:

Lisa said...

Those are gorgeous!

Bridget R. Wilson said...

Thanks, Lisa!

Anonymous said...

So cute!

Bridget R. Wilson said...

Thanks, Erin!

Jane said...

Love Winnie! Your work is beautiful.

Andrea said...

Cute. And what a great idea to look for ideas amongst potholder patterns! To Ravelry I go.

Storytime Fun said...

These are absolutely adorable! You do such gorgeous crocheting! I wish I had your talent. It has been sooooo long since I picked up a crochet needle that I don't think I remember how to do it.

Thank you so much for sharing in this week's FFRU! I love reading where others find their inspiration. I wouldn't have thought of a crocheted potholder pattern!
~ K ~

Bridget R. Wilson said...

Thanks Jane, Andrea, and K!

Bridget R. Wilson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

Super adorable! I bet your patrons look them!

Anonymous said...

Squee! Too cute! I wish I knew how to crochet.

Bridget R. Wilson said...

Thanks, Katie & Jen