Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Traitor in the Tunnel by Y. S. Lee

The Agency #3

Mary Quinn's latest assignment for the Agency is rather dull even if it did land her in Buckingham Palace. There's a thief at work within the palace, but with the moratorium on servants' gossip, there have been few leads in the case. James comes back into Mary's life as does another person from her past. The dull, mundane assignment quickly escalates into the most exciting of her career.

What I thought: When I first read The Traitor in the Tunnel, I was under the impression that it was the last book in the series. I have since learned that there will be another book. I couldn't be more pleased, but the following review was written in the frame of mind that it was the last book.

What a book! Mary and James fairly make the pages sizzle and unlike the last book in many trilogies, The Traitor in the Tunnel ties up all loose ends and leaves you feeling good about where the characters are. I think I might commemorate the end of the series by re-reading the whole of it.

I'm looking forward to the 4th book. According to GoodReads, the title is Rivals in the City, but there's no publication date listed. I'm hoping 2013.

(Candlewick, 2012)

No comments: