Friday, August 3, 2012

#FlannelFriday: The Mixed-Up Chameleon by Eric Carle

I first encountered The Mixed-Up Chameleon by Eric Carle when I used it to kick off a series of color themed preschool story times back in the winter and spring.

Not long after that, I saw the felt set Miss Mary from Miss Mary Liberry created. She mentioned the free patterns came from Storytime Magic.

When I was planning my Dreams and Wishes preschool story time for this year's Summer Reading Program, The Mixed-Up Chameleon seemed like the perfect book to adapt into a flannel board story.

If I had to make this set again, I would only use puff paint for details, not outlines. Does anyone else have a problem with the puff paint getting stuck to the other pieces?



3 comments:

amanjohn said...

Oh my gosh! That is so detailed! It is so cute! Yes, I have found puffy paint is sticky. I just use Sharpies primarily with felt for the big accents.

Anonymous said...

Yours is super cute! Yes, the felt does stick together, but I've found that this lessens over time.

Bridget R. Wilson said...

That's good to know, Mary! I haven't tried sharpies, but the felt sets I've seen online that used Sharpies...the lines didn't seem bold enouigh. I think I'll stick with puff paint despite the stickiness.