Wednesday, January 19, 2011

We Are in a Book! by Mo Willems

In their newest book, Gerald and Piggie discover that they are, in fact, in a book. They find this interesting, even downright funny when they realize that they can make the reader say words. However, Gerald is a little upset when he discovers that the book will soon end. There's only on thing to do--"Will you please read us again?"

What I thought: My fondness for Elephant and Piggie continues to grow. This book warms my librarian heart. The illustrations are great as always. Gerald & Piggie are as entertaining as ever. I predict hours of fun for the readers of We Are in a Book!

(Hyperion, 2010)

1 comment:

Brimful Curiosities said...

My daughter adores this one. She can easily read it by herself, too. Great book for beginner readers. Even has a bit of number recognition with the page numbers.