Monday, January 17, 2011

A Tribute to L. K. Madigan

A year ago I didn't know her name.

Then she won the William C. Morris YA Debut Award for her novel Flash Burnout. I admit that I haven't read the novel yet, but in the meantime, I do recognize her name.

Meanwhile, this talented lady was working on another novel. In October 2010, her second YA novel, The Mermaid's Mirror, was published. I have read this one (owing to a certain fascination with mermaids which I'm sure many, the author included, will understand). My review will post at sometime in the near future. I liked The Mermaid's Mirror and would like to read more books by Madigan.

Life has a curious way of interrupting us. Early last week, this talented author announced on her blog that she has cancer. Her story of how she's reached this point in her life brought tears to my eyes. You can read her words here.

I hope you all will join with me in supporting and praying for L. K. Madigan during this difficult. An easy way to support her is to read her novels. I'm sure you'll enjoy them.

No comments: