Friday, January 7, 2011

Edgar Awards Reading Challenge 2011

I love mysteries and am pleased to announce that I'll be participating in the Egdar Awards Reading Challenge hosted by iubookgirl at Reader for Life.

Participation Level: Patrolman (1-3 books by December 31, 2011)

I'll likely read more than 3 books, but we'll see. I'll be concentrating on the Edgar Award Winners & Nominees in the categories of Best Juvenile and Best Young Adult. My reading list is tentative and subject to change.

Bridget's Edgars Award Challenge Reading List:
1. Closed for the Season by Mary Downing Hahn (Best Juvenile Edgar Winner 2010)
2. Sammy Keyes & the Art of Deception by Wendelin Van Draanen (Best Juvenile Edgar Nominee 2004)
3. Dovey Coe by Frences O'Roark Dowell (Best Juvenile Edgar Winner 2001)
4. The Red Blazer Girls: The Ring of Rocamadour by Michael D. Beil (Best Juvenile Edgar Nominee 2010)
5. Chasing Vermeer by Blue Balliett (Best Juvenile Edgar Winner 2005)
6. Silverfin by Charlie Higson (Best Young Adult Edgar Nominee 2006)
7. The Morgue & Me by John C. Ford (Best Young Adult Edgar Nominee 2002)
8. Silent to the Bone by E. L. Konigsburg (Best Young Adult Edgar Nominee 2001)

These are my current picks. What do you think?

1 comment:

iubookgirl said...

Thanks for joining the challenge! I read Chasing Vermeer for a children's lit class and enjoyed it. Glad to see it on your list.