Friday, December 24, 2010

Hugless Douglas by David Melling

One morning, Douglas wakes up in need of a hug. As he searches, he hugs the most unusual things--a boulder, a tree, a bush, some sheep, an owl, and a rabbit. But none of them are quite right. They were missing the key ingredient--love!

What I thought: What a great book! I loved the story and the illustrations. They're colorful and appealing. The sheep and the rabbit are my favorite characters besides Douglas. This will be a story time favorite. I really like the illustrated hug index at the end of the book. Kids will like practicing the different kinds of hugs. My favorite is "Unrequited Hug."

Story Time Themes: Bears, Hugs, Valentine's Day

(Tiger Tales, 2010)

2 comments:

elizabeth bennett said...

Hi Bridget-- we are glad you found Hugless Douglas and thrilled that you reviewed it on your blog. We have posted a link to your blog on our facebook page -- are you a fan yet?
http://on.fb.me/fDZklw
Happy Reading (and Happy Holidays),
Elizabeth
tiger tales

Bridget R. Wilson said...

I am now! Thanks for reading my review Elizabeth. I enjoy every book I read from Tiger Tales.