Monday, July 12, 2010

The Indigo Notebook by Laura Resau

Zeeta is fifteen years old and has lived in fifteen different countries. This year, she and her free spirit mother have settled in the Ecuadoran Andes. Zeeta has become a master at adapting to new places. She visits markets, meets the locals, and records it all in her notebook. This year it's indigo. A chance meeting with an American teen searching for his birth parents leads Zeeta on an adventure she never imagined.

What I thought: Wow! Zeeta is quite an unusual girl. I can only imagine the kind of life she's had, but Resau does a great job showing me. I like that our heroine is mixed race. Not something I've seen often. Wendell's search for his birth parents becomes Zeeta's search for identity. The best word I can think of to describe the book is exotic. It is that from the setting to the characters.

(New York: Delacorte, 2009)

No comments: