Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Trip to the Used Bookstore

Over the weekend, I made a trek to a great used bookstore. Here's what I found: A Writer's Notebook by Ralph Fletcher (I read Poetry Matters and wasn't really impressed, but for 75 cents I thought I'd give him another chance.) Ramona the Brave, Ramona and her Mother, Ramona Forever, and Ramona's World all by Beverly Cleary (These are the books my local library doesn't have. I need them for my Reading Ramona Project. I'll likely donate them to the library when I'm done.) What's the Weather Inside? by Karma Wilson (I read this poetry collection earlier this year and loved it. My review will post on May 3. I'm donating this to my local library because their children's poetry section is just sad!) An ARC of Beanball by Gene Fehler (I just read about Fehler in Tricia's Poetry Makers' series 2010 and have been eager to read some of his poetry. I'm planning a baseball story time and his poetry seems perfect for the occasion.) Pizza, Pigs, and Poetry by Jack Prelutsky (I reviewed this book last year. I loved it and couldn't believe my luck when I found a copy.) Cookie's Week by Cindy Ward (only 25 cents and a purrfect book for cat story time.) Max's Chocolate Chicken by Rosemary Wells (only 50 cents and perfect for Easter story time.) How Do Dinosaurs Learn Their Colors? by Jane Yolen (This board book is for my niece when she's a little older. Right now she's only 8 month and likes to chew on books! :) A pretty good haul if I do say so myself.

No comments: