Monday, January 25, 2010

Dying to Meet You by Kate Klise

Ignatius B. Grumply gets more than he bargained for when he rents a house in Ghastly, IL for the summer. Grumply wants peace and quiet so he can write the next book in his Ghosthunter's series. What he gets is 11-year-old Seymour Hope, his cat Shadow, and the ghost of the former owner Olive C. Spence. Grumply hates children and cats. He doesn't believe in ghosts. It's going to be a long summer.

What I thought: I loved this book. I can't believe I've never read anything by Kate Klise before. This book was highly entertaining from start to finish. I like that the book is comprised of letters, notes, and manuscript pages. Such a collection will certainly appeal to Kinney's Diary of a Wimpy Kid fans. Klise's humor reminds me of Polly Horvath's books. M. Sarah Klise's illustrations were great. I look forward to the next book in the 43 old Cemetery Road series, Over My Dead Body (2009).

(Illus. M. Sarah Klise. Boston: Harcourt, 2009)

2 comments:

Miss Pippi said...

I love these books, too! I can't wait for the next one.

Bridget R. Wilson said...

The next one was just as good as the first. Now I need to read her "Regarding..." series.