Friday, November 5, 2021

Fourteen Monkeys: A Rain Forest Rhyme by Melissa Stewart


Discover which monkeys live in Manú, a national park in Peru. 

Thoughts: Such an informative book! I like that the actually text is short so I could potentially share Fourteen Monkeys with my storytime kids. The additional information on each page makes this a great book to share with older kids as well. I really could have made use of this book back in the summer when one of my weekly themes was Jungle (South America & Southeast Asia). Steve Jenkins's cut paper collage illustrations are stunning as always. My favorites are the pygmy marmosets and the Emperor tamarins. The included information at the end of the book is great for readers who want to know more. 

Themes: Rain forest, Monkeys

(Illustrated by Steve Jenkins. Beach Lane Books, 2021.) 


No comments: