Monday, September 27, 2021

Cat Problems by Jory John


The author/illustrator team that brought you Penguin Problems and Giraffe Problems are back! This time they're tackling Cat Problems. 

Thoughts: Too funny! All the problem books are hilarious. I love sharing them with slightly older kids (usually first and second graders) when I visit schools. I always read the inside flap on these books because it gives you a little taste of how the main character will be. Cat Problems is just as entertaining as the first two books. I'm not a cat person, but I've observed enough to say that the cat's internal monologue is spot on. My one complaint is that we aren't told the cat's name. The illustrations are detailed and expressive. I love all the cat's expressions as well as those of the other cat. 

Themes: Cats, Elementary 

 (Illustrated by Lane Smith. Random House Studio, 2021.)

No comments: