Friday, May 7, 2021

When Green Becomes Tomatoes: Poems for All Seasons by Julie Fogliano

This poetry collection takes us through the seasons (Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter). The poems take the form of journal entries. 

Thoughts: I can't believe it's taken me so long to review this collection. I loved it from the first time I read it. The journal entry poems are inspired. The poetry is brief but evocative and uses powerful imagery. The illustrations are colorful and detailed. My favorite poems are March 20, May 6, July 10, September 25, October 4, January 30, and February 15. I look forward to sharing a few of these poems during any of my seasonal storytimes. I think When Green Becomes Tomatoes would also be a great way to start a seasonal poetry writing project with students. 

Other Collections of Seasonal Poetry

(Illustrated by Julie Morstad. Roaring Brook Press, 2016.)

No comments: