Monday, October 26, 2020

Princesses versus Dinosaurs by Linda Bailey

In the beginning it was a princess book. That is until the dinosaurs showed up. One big tiff escalated until dragons and rubber ducks are involved. Will they ever reach an agreement? 

Thoughts: The perspective in the book especially the size of the rubber duck compared to the princesses and dinosaurs gave me a clue. I think that what you can't see in the illustrations is the children playing with the toys. The book makes perfect sense after I realized that, but I may just be making too much out of it. The book is hilarious and I love the escalation in the argument. The illustrations are colorful and I like the speech bubbles. My favorite illustrations are the last few once the enemies become allies. 

Themes: Princesses, Dragons, Toys, Play

(Illustrated by Joy Ang. Tundra, 2020.)

No comments: