Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Play Outside! by Laurent Moreau

Mom sends the kids outside because they're too rowdy to stay inside. Playing outside has all sorts of possibilities. As they play, they explore nature and readers can look for and try to identify over 250 different animals. 

Thoughts: Love! Playing outside is not a new concept, but Moreau's approach to it is. I like how he starts with the children in their own yard and then slowly moves them out and into different locations. The animals are great. I'm very thankful for the index in the back of the book. The illustrations are bold and colorful. I like the lack of traditional black outlines. I look forward to sharing this book with kids and getting my nephew a copy when he gets to the picture book stage. 

Themes: Play, Imagination, Outdoors, Animals 

(Norton Young Readers, 2020.)  

No comments: