Monday, November 25, 2019

Boom! Bellow! Bleat! Animal Poems for Two or More Voices by Georgia Heard


2019 Cybils Poetry Nominee

A book of animal poems that are meant to be performed.

Thoughts: What a wonderful collection! I can't wait to use this book when I visit 2nd grade classes in the spring. This book is fun and promotes poetry--what could be better? The poems are great when read alone. I can only imagine how good they'll be when I have a whole class to help me. The digital illustrations are reminiscent of cut paper collage and draw the eye. They are colorful and interesting. My favorite poems are "Animal Songs," "We Don't Say Ribbit!," Fight of the Honeybees," and "Forest Orchestra." My favorite illustrations are the cover, "We Don't Say Ribbit!,"and "Noisy Fish."

Themes: Animals, Animal Sounds, Elementary

Illustrated by Aaron DeWitt. Wordsong, 2019.

No comments: