Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Wand Making

I did this event as a lead up to our annual Harry Potter Book Night in February.

I used two tutorials I found online for guidance. Find them here and here.

Supplies needed: chopsticks, hot glue guns, glue sticks for hot glue guns, crafts sticks (jumbo & skinny), scissors, lotion

The lotion is a tip I learned many years ago from my high school homeroom teacher. To avoid bad burns/blisters when using hot glue, lotion your hands. The moisture keeps the glue from adhering so well to your skin and causing burns/blisters.

I had 4 tables set up around the room with all these supplies. Each table had 2 glue guns.


Down the center of the room, I had 2 tables set up for painting the wands once the hot glue was set. I had paint, brushes, paper plates for palettes, paper towels, and cups of water for brush rinsing.


We had 22 adults and 37 kids show up this event. It was fun and easy, I'm looking forward to hosting the event at two of my library branched again this fall.

No comments: