Friday, August 30, 2019

Holiday Movie Night 2018

This event evolved from my Polar Express Movie Night. Let's be honest, The Polar Express is a LONG movie, too long for younger kids.

So in 2018, I decided to host a holiday movie night, but look for a movie that was one hour long or less. I settled on A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa.


After the movie, we made beaded pipe cleaner jingle bell ornaments and went on a Present scavenger hunt. The kids turned their completed scavenger hunt sheets in for holiday pencils or stickers. I created the scavenger hunt using free clip art from Teachers Pay Teachers. Find the sets I used here, here, and here.




This was a fun event and took little prep time. I hosted it at all four of my branch libraries and had 38 adults and 53 kids attend. I've already decided that this year, I'm going to show the original How the Grinch Stole Christmas and follow it with a craft and scavenger hunt.





No comments: