Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Star Wars Tea Party

I have wanted to do a Stars War event for several years. It just never worked out. This year, however, May 4 fell on a Saturday. I was inspired to do a Star Wars Tea Party from a post on Storytime Underground on Facebook.

To decorate I used black tablecloths and Star Wars blueprints I got from The Navage Patch. I printed at May the Fourth Be with You sign, created a menu, printed water bottle labels, and soda bottle labels.

I also had a bookmark display that found at Emily's Literary Hoots blog (the site is currently down!).

We made pool noodle light sabers.


We went on an asteroid and droid hunt. The inspiration came from here. I added the droids from here. The kids got to trade their asteroids and droids in for suckers.


The refreshments were Yoda Soda, R2-TEA2, Star Wars Water, Edible Ewoks (chocolate teddy grahams), Han Rolos, and light sabers (Twizzlers).







 To take home I had coloring pages (here & here) and Build a Droid activity sheets.

I also had a Star Wars Would You Rather game, but never got around to using it.

No comments: