Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Life Size Pac-Man for Teens

In 2016, I started seeing some posts about Life Size Pac-Man on some librarian groups on Facebook. I'm always up for a new life size game idea and this one looked easy to do. I did a little more research via those Facebook groups and Pinterest and then planned my first Life Size Pac-Man Event.

I originally used Mega Blocks for both the Pac-Dots and the power pellets. I decided they didn't work well and have since used cut up pool noodles for Pac-Dots and Mega Blocks for the power pellets only. Game play varies every time I host it. Given the size of the room I use, we only have three ghosts instead of four. As we play, the first ghost becomes Pac-Man after the first player dies and so on.



Sources of Inspiration:
Casey at Teen Services Underground Blog
The Jolly Rogers Young Women Blog
Instructables
Youth Group Collective
The Meta Picture
If You Loved...
Kim Edsell on the Storytime Underground Facebook Group
Tales from the Nerdy
Teen Services Underground Facebook Group

No comments: