Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Lois Ehlert Art Program

I was inspired by Laura's Discover Picture Book Art program and Jennifer's We Explore Art: Lois Ehlert program.

I've always admired Lois Ehlert's illustration style and thought it would be fun for kids to explore.

(Sadly, this was a no show event for me this summer. I'd like to try it again at a different library in a different season.)

Here's my plan.



Read The Scraps Book by Lois Ehlert. Share a few pages from Lots of Spots and Oodles of Animals to show off her illustration style.

Let the kids explore her illustration style by 1) looking at books she's illustrated [display of all the books we have that were illustrated by Lois Ehlert] and 2) creating their own collage style illustrations.


I had the following supplies out: pipe cleaners, pompoms, buttons, tissue paper, construction paper, scrapbook paper, index cards, foam shapes, ribbon, glue, and scissors.




No comments: