Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Dr. Seuss Party

I like to do some variation of this event in March close to Dr. Seuss's birthday.

I usually read 2-3 of the following books:
  • I Can Read with My Eyes Shut!
  • One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish (I only read selections.)
  • Dr. Seuss's ABC
  • What Was I Scared Of? 
  • What Pet Should I Get? 
On the flannel board, I have the first 2 or 3 pages of One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish and a game of my own devising, Find the Lorax.

We often do this movement song I found on the PUBYAC archives: If You Love Dr. Seuss.

I always have a variety of games because it all depends on how many kids come what games we play. The options are Pin the Bow Tie on the Cat, Horton's Pink Clover Race, Fox in Socks Sock Toss, Seuss Bingo, Cat in the Hat Scavenger Hunt, and Cat in the Hat relay race.









For a craft we usually make Horton Elephant Ears.



I send them home with several coloring sheets: Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss; Horton; and One Fish, Two Fish.


I don't always have snacks, but when I do I serve the following: Barbaloot Snack Mix (chocolate teddy grahams with mini marshmallows), Humming Fish (Goldfish crackers), a Seuss Punch (Kool-aid).

Check out my Dr. Seuss Pinterest board for other ideas.

No comments: