Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Trolls Party

The movie Trolls was extremely popular with kids in my area. One of my storytime moms who is also a kindergarten teacher contacted me and asked if we could do an interactive showing of the movie like I had done with Frozen. Sadly, the movie license my library system has does not cover the studio that made Trolls. But I told the mom that I could use the soundtrack and find games and crafts to throw a Trolls party. That's just what I did in July last year. I hosted the party at two of my library branches and had 59 kids along with 42 adults attend.

Here's what we did. 

Games 



Trolls Bingo -  I found three sets of Mom created Trolls Bingo cards and calling cards on Pinterest. One set had three cards, another set had ten cards, and the last set had also had ten cards. This was a fun game, but the three sets didn't match so if I ever do this again, I'll make my own bingo cards with at least 40 unique cards. 

Pin the Hair on Troll from the DreamWorks Trolls Party Kit






Freeze Dance to the Trolls Soundtrack


Craft: Make a Troll 


I got the inspiration from this post. Basically, I supplied the kids with paper plates (to put their creation on), play dough, cotton balls, pompoms, pipe cleaners, pony beads, and wiggle eyes and told them to make their own troll.  



Take Home: 
Create Your Own Trolls Desk Buddy from DreamWorks Create
Trolls Sticker (Dollar Tree)

No comments: