Monday, August 31, 2015

Creature Features: 25 Animals Explain Why They Look The Way They Do by Steve Jenkins & Robin Page

The title and subtitle of this book are the prefect summary for this book.

Thoughts: It's no secret that I love Steve Jenkins and Robin Page. All of their nonfiction books for children are informative and engaging. The cut paper collage illustrations are always fabulous. Creature Features is no different. I shared this book with first and second graders during one of my elementary outreach storytimes. They loved it. Apparently, I do a great impression of a chubby cheeked hamster. The kids were rolling. The mix of animals is nice. I was familiar with some of the animals. Others not so much. I would love to use Steve Jenkins and Robin Page's books as the inspiration for an illustration program where kids would create similar art.

Themes: Animals, Elementary Outreach

(Houghton Mifflin, 2014)

No comments: